Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Summer is here!

Please comment on what you are doing this summer! 

 So far I have been to New Brunswick. We vacationed on  Miscou Island for one week. It is so beautiful out East.  I saw the Miscou Lighthouse and had tried  a crab  sandwich for the first time. The ocean was so cold so needless to say I did not go swimming. We also walked along the board walk.  I can't wait to go back.




I did not get a chance to read as much as I hoped to on my vacation. But if you are interested here are some of my summer vacation reading suggestions:

 

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, Book 1)

By Cassandra Clare

 

Now a movie, this book is the classic good against evil or angles vs demons. We follow Clary Fray in her adventure of finding herself  and discovering her true relationship  with her mother. She meets unworldly creatures that make her realized that things are not always what they seem.

 

 

Tithe

By Holly Black

 

Finding out that you are not human is the dilemma that sixteen year old  Kaye Fierch has entailed. A gritty  high school student  drop out discovered that she is a pixie. In the novel,  she finds friendship and love in an adventure of a lifetime in the Fairy world of good and evil.

  

Peter and the Starcatchers

By Dave Barry

Find out how Peter Pan became  “Peter Pan” in this fun and adventurous prequel.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Summoning

By Kelley Armstrong

Chloe Saunders a normal teenager whose only concern is boys and her friends. Then one day it turns horribly wrong. She sees a horrifying ghost for the first time; which leads to her being committed to a home for troubled teens, “The Lyle House”. The other teens in the house all seem to be mentally unstable , but are they really or do they have physic powers just like her.

 

 

I have a big pile of my books beside my bed ready to read this summer.  Please comment on what books that you would recommend to everyone to read this summer!

 

Blog Ya Later





 

 

 

No comments: